PT/FT Bombay Brow Divas. If you’re a fun-loving, hard working brow addict with a passion for brows, beauty, and people—we are SOO looking for you! Bombay Brow Bar is looking for Brow Divas to rock our world!
Ok…so we are totally obsessed with brows -it’s all we do! But we also really care about people and helping them feel good about themselves, working hard, dreaming big, and having fun! Check us out at www.bombaybrowbar.com
Bombay Brow Bar is looking for a Bombay Brow Diva who is obsessed with providing amazing Bombay Experiences and wants to make a positive difference in people’s lives every day! Like for real. As a Brow Diva, you will be making sure that BBB clients feel like the ultimate brow queen/king.
Varies on experience; this position has possibility of becoming a full-time position and/or other career opportunities.
Merchandise and service discounts, free brows before or after your shift and during your career growth. Now that’s a deal…gorgeous brows = super hot date.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
An uber cool diva with a great personality who MUST be obsessed with brows, beauty, and rocking the world with amazing customer experiences!
We totally LOVE:
• team player
• Positive attitude and loves to smile!
• Highly motivated and a self starter
• Excellent phone demeanour and verbal etiquette
• Loves to laugh and have fun!
• Great interpersonal and communication skills to provide exceptional client experiences
• Proven ability to work well under pressure
• Loves to multi-task
• Quick decision-maker
• Is super organized and has the ability to coordinate schedules
• Must be able to work weekends and some weekdays
• Flexible in scheduling
• Must have minimum of 2 years of customer service
• Experience in salon and/or retail and/or service industry is preferred
• Education: must have a High School Diploma; College diploma/degree in administrative or business field is an asset
• Managerial experience is an asset
If this totally sounds like you, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to rock with BBB! Only those that are short-listed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
brows and kisses, Bombay Brow Bar
We all want flawless skin, but for some (or most) of us, we need a little help from time to time. Enter myfaceworks, a local beauty company that aims to help make our skin brighter and more fabulous, one hot diva at a time.
The Product Deets: The masks come as sheets you press onto your skin, resulting in less mess and hassle. Plus, it’s easy to take along anywhere you travel.
How to use: Wash face, dry face, open package, unfold sheet, remove protective paper and apply mask to face. Sit, relax and enjoy the beautifying effects of your mask.
My favourite mask was the “i need to heal,” an aloe vera facial mask that is designed to soothe and heal over-worked skin, which was perfect for my dry, allergic skin. After using this mask, my skin looked dewy and I felt relaxed.
The “i need to open my eyes” mask is a revitalizing eye mask that promises to reduce the appearance of dark circles, wrinkles and puffiness. I recommend this as a pick-me-up before heading out to an event, it really opens up the eye area and wakes you up after a long day at work. While you’ll see some difference after once use, repeated applications will yield the best results with this eye mask.
Now I know I’m giving glowing reviews of all these products, but I really loved them! The “i need to tame” rose water mask seriously soothed my very sensitive and allergic skin. I react to almost everything and it was nice to use a product that soothed rather than irritated. It’s refreshing – and a perfect compliment to BBB’s Rose Gel.
myfaceworks Face Masks, now available at Bombay Brow Bar. Try “i need to heal”, “i need to tame”, and “i need to open my eyes” for $10 each single mask.
A big part of empowering yourself and others is connecting and loving all the amazing things in your life. Here’s a list of easy ways you can empower yourself (and maybe even someone else in the process).
1. Clean out your closet and donate that cardigan or dress that you’ve only worn once. That sweater that makes your complexion look blah could make another woman look beautiful. Share the fashion love.
2. Change up your lipstick colour. No more neutrals! Try red to feel fierce, magenta to feel uber glam or this season’s coral to feel like an “it” girl.
3. No jeans for a month. Yes, no jeans. Shake up your wardrobe with wide-leg trousers (rock a 70s vibe), embrace a sheer, layered maxi skirt paired with a chunky sweater, try a bright, bold coloured mini skirt, or even that great standby, leggings with a printed tunic. It’s about stepping outside your comfort zone and trying something different – while looking amazing.
4. After work, forget about sitting in front of the TV and watching Top Chef reruns on Food Network. Instead, draw a nice warm bubble bath, and add your favourite soap, essential oils, bath bomb or even a few drops of your signature eau de toilette. Light some candles (be careful not to burn your hair!), bring in your favourite magazines and just relax. Revel in the calm and serenity, unwind and reconnect. You deserve it.
5. Try something new. Shake things up! Sign up for a new dance class, exercise class (Zumba!), take a walk during your lunch break, sleep on the other side of the bed. Get out of your comfort zone and embrace all the amazing and wonderful things in the world.
1. “B” Courageous – Stop by the bar on Tuesday, March 29 and 100% of the proceeds from your brow service will go to help Japan in its reconstruction and recovery efforts. Call ahead to make sure you get a seat: 604. 683.BROW.
2. We’ve been focused on empowerment all this month. You can get in on this action the next time you stop by the bar – write an empowering note, quote or love letter and stick your note on our windows. Inspire another BBB maven this month.
3. Purchase some hot purple bangles by the end of March, and we’ll donate 100% of the proceeds to Care Canada. Look good, feel great, empower women around the world.
9.0 magnitude earthquake. A tsunami wave. A radiation wave. But how to help?
With brows, of course. Bombay is rockin’ brows to support Japan. On Tuesday, March 29, all proceeds from our signature brow services will go to support relief and rebuild efforts in Japan. That’s right. 100% goes to Japan.
Yes, you can be fashionable, gorgeous and help the world. Here are the deets:
Date: Tuesday March 29 from 11am – 6pm
What: $26 Brow Service proceeds go to Japan (you can even donate more if you’d like)
Fun Stuff: Enter to win a GC from our sistas at Blo Blow Dry Bar, The Jet Set essentials package from Noir Lash Lounge and amazing masks from myfaceworks. Plus, our fave Indian fusion resto, Rasoee, will be providing food for everyone!
How: RSVP to book your appointment and join the party for Japan. 604.683.BROW (2769) or email@example.com
I have a confession to make. I love the decor at Bombay Brow Bar, and secretly wish I had the guts to paint my walls bright pink (but the boy wouldn’t have any of that).
Now there’s a way that you can channel some of that Bombay vibe in your home. The dark wood shelves, a burst of colour with a silky pillow or two, or go bold with a shocking pink statement wall.
Twenty One Two Designs Inc. is BBB’s interior design firm, and they create gorgeous spaces, from condos and homes, to your office too. Interior Designer Amanda Swanlund, is amazing – she’ll guide and inspire you to surround yourself with functional, timeless spaces that suit your personality and lifestyle. Pink walls or blue walls, leather sofas or lace curtains.
Brow Maven Exclusive: Stop by the BBB bar and pick up Amanda’s business + promotion card and take advantage of her 2 hour free consultation, available just for all of you fabulous brow
Shift your look from blah to va va voom! We’ve all had those days – you wake up, roll out of bed exhausted, you’re late for work, and there’s no coffee in the pot! Sometimes you need a little me time, a pick-me-up during your morning coffee break to start afresh. No, I’m not talking about adding rum to your latte at 10:00am, I’m talking make-up. Every gal has her favourite stash of gloss, but here are a few must-have makeup items to keep stocked in your purse or desk drawer so you can refresh your look and give your day a boost, without resorting to controlled substances.
Travel-size Mascara: Score a sample at Sephora or the next time your favourite beauty brand has a bonus offering at The Bay, Sears and Holts.
Brow Make-up: Brushing and touching up your brows adds definition and provides a fabulous frame for your face. In under a minute you can groom and fill in your brows, giving you a mini-eye lift in the process. BBB has a great selection of brow pencils, tamers, brushes and on-the-go brow kits.
Blush + Brush: I keep a compact of NARS Orgasm - universally flattering, it adds a warm glow to your face without overwhelming it. I scored a travel-size blush brush at MAC, but Sephora and Shopper’s Drug Mart have great selection too.
Lipgloss: A couple of shades of your favourite gloss – I keep a neutral/pink shade, purple, magenta, red, clear… but just one or two is fine! BBB has a great selection of glosses at the bar too – try a bright shade to instantly brighten your face, or a neutral shade for a natural glow.
In under 5 minutes, you can transform your appearance, change your mood and brighten your day. Sometimes a little lipgloss and blush can give you a boost of confidence to face the next project or deadline with a smile on your face.
I love St. Patrick’s Day – an excuse to dress up and drink lots of green beer with all my besties while talking in our most ridiculous Irish accents! Well BBB is getting in on the action this month by serving a yummy green tea chai. Stop by and try a cup of David Rio Green Tea Chai, or take home a tin of this delish brew. The 14oz tin is just $13.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 17, or come by BBB and savour some lucky green tea chai at the bar.